Intermittently news and rumors about production and release of flexible screen smartphones from Nokia, LG and Samsung is rolling on internet in recent months. Now Samsung introduced Galaxy Round, a worlds first curved screen smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Round has a large size 5.7 inch full HD super flexible AMOLED screen but, not like a one which we're expecting from Nokia flexible phones with transparent body. Bottom to top Galaxy Round has a slight horizontal curve which makes it quite differ and attractive from flat smartphones.
Galaxy Round offers a higher image quality of 1920 x 1080 pixels, equipped with a Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and allows multitasking via opening more than one window on screen simultaneously. The rest of the Technical specs and features are quite similar to Galaxy S4 and Note 3.
5.95in (L) x 3.1in (W) x 0.3in (T) and weighs about 154 grams. Yet it comes only in Luxury brown color.
Equipped with 2 megapixel front and 13 megapixel rear camera with powerful flash light.
Recommended: 5 Best and Cheapest Android Phones Under $100
Other features includes; MSM 8974 (Quad core 2.3 GHz) processor, LTE 150/50 Mbps network support, 3GB RAM with 32GB builtin memory and upto 64GB additional memory via microSD, 2,800mAh battery and, offers WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 3.0, GPS+GLONASS and NFC connectivity.
Galaxy Round Curve Advantages
- Samsung adds two interesting features to take advantage of curve. One is Gravity or Roll Effect to check notifications; miscalls, messages, time, date, etc. just by tilting phone by use of screen when its off. The other cool feature is Bounce UX to move to previous and next tracks in playlist by a short press from left and right, respectively.
- Provides more comfortable grip.
- Can be used longer one-handed without being tired.
- In pants pocket galaxy round will hug your thighs less uncomfortable in comparison to other phablets, and athletes can keep it in their pocket during workout.
- Not tested but potentially the Galaxy round curve will protect screen from direct interaction to ground and will also make it more resistant to shock.
Yet, Samsung Galaxy Round is only available in Korea and has approximate price of $1,000 USD.